MIG | Portico
Critical thinking. Strategic focus. Innovative solutions.
MIG | Portico offers expertise in the planning and design of public visitor attractions including zoos, aquariums, children museums, and visitor centers. We are architects, landscape architects, exhibit designers, interpretive planners, engineers, and scientists; we explore and illuminate the relationship between the built and natural environments beyond the boundaries of traditional practice. We intently listen to our clients in order to create robust spaces for conservation, research, interpretation, and informal education.
As architects, we help create spaces that inspire, inform, and bring joy to each user. We focus on projects that enhance and contribute to resilient and livable communities. The design of the built environment provides unique opportunities to recognize our past, enhance our present and safeguard our future. We take those responsibilities to heart, creating buildings that we are proud to leave to future generations.
MIG | Portico (formerly The Portico Group) joined MIG in January 2017. Founded in 1982, MIG is a 250-person firm with 13 offices in Washington, California, Oregon, Colorado, and Texas.
Examples of Projects
- Assiniboine Park Zoo South Entry and International Polar Bear Conservation Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Jilkaat Kwaan Cultural Heritage Center and Bald Eagle Observatory, Klukwan, AK
- Washington Park Arboretum Pacific Connections Garden, Seattle, WA
- Fresno Chaffee Zoo African Journey, Fresno, CA
- KidsQuest Children’s Museum, Bellevue, WA
- Ocean Wonders: Sharks! New York Aquarium, Brooklyn, NY
- Pearl Harbor Visitor Center, Honolulu, HI
- Pacific Fleet Submarine Museum, Honolulu, HI
- Houston Zoo Gorillas of the African Forest, Houston, TX