SMR Architects is a 39-person, full-service architecture firm established in Seattle in 1977 as Stickney & Murphy Architects. We pride ourselves on employing the best in our profession who are passionate about community design, historic preservation, and social and environmental sustainability. Over our 45-year history, SMR Architects has emerged as a leader in the fields of affordable housing, historic preservation, and sustainable design in Washington State.
Our team’s collaborative and creative approach to problem solving, experience with neighborhood outreach and engagement, and sustainable philosophy help us serve both our clients and the community, always putting the interests of others first. Our staff and associates are engaged in the community and regularly volunteer for non-profit, historic, and service-based organizations.
Our work is frequently honored both locally and nationally for its exemplary contribution to affordable housing design. Most recently, SMR was recognized for the following awards.
- 2021 ULI’s Jack Kemp Affordable Housing Chairman’s Award for Arlington Drive Youth Campus
- 2021 Gold Nugget Grand Award for Arlington Drive Youth Campus
- 2021 Finalist for Affordable Housing Finance Magazine’s Readers’ Choice Awards for Arlington Drive Campus
- 2021 NAIOPWA Night of the Stars Awards, Best Affordable Housing Development for Coronado Springs Cottages
- 2020 AIA/HUD Secretary’s Alan J. Rothman – Housing Accessibility Award for Plymouth on First Hill
- 2020 Gold Nugget Award of Merit for Clement Place
SMR’s office is located in Pioneer Square, an expression of our appreciation for the value that historic structures provide to the character of our community. For more information on our firm, please visit www.smrarchitects.com.
EXAMPLES OF RECENT PROJECTS
SMR Architects117 S. Main Street, Suite 400 Seattle, WA 98104
Phone: (206) 623-1104
Fax: (206) 623-5285