SIAF+DRT+NOMA NW | SOCIAL HOUR at MITHUN
Seattle International Architecture Forum, Diversity Roundtable, and NOMA | nw joined efforts to organize long time waited in-person Happy Hour Series. Our first event will be hosted by one of the well-known architectural companies in Seattle – Mithun.
The Social Happy Hour events are casual ones encouraging the design community to gather together at informal environment, build new connections and explore the topics of the day. Snacks and drinks are provided as well.
This year we would like to challenge everyone including our hosts of the events to have discussions around the 2023 AIA Seattle Mission, Vision, Imperatives, and Annual Priorities:
Vision: We envision a culture of design that fosters equitable, resilient, thriving communities
Mission: We champion the central role of architects in creating and sustaining a better built environment.
• Demonstrate and promote design excellence.
• Represent our collective design voice, while valuing individual contributions.
• Speak up on important issues, convene courageous conversations and embrace risk when it serves
• Advocate for opportunity, diversity, and inclusion in practice and process.
• Consider future generations and elevate sustainability to safeguard our Northwest landscape,
community and climate.
• Foster cross-industry connections and partnerships to magnify our collective impact.
• Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion: AIA Seattle is committed to identifying, naming, and
dismantling systemic discrimination within the architecture community in order to nurture
universal inclusion and fairness in the built environment, for the communities we impact.
• Housing: AIA Seattle is committed to the development of plentiful, quality, diverse, and sustainable
housing options for current and future residents of Seattle.
• Climate: AIA Seattle commits itself to positive climate action and accelerating our shared goals of
a decarbonized, equitable and resilient built environment that allows future generations and
ecosystems to thrive.
Next 2023 Social Hours:
May 24th | Schemata Workshop
July 26th | NAC Architecture
September 27th | LMN
November 29th | Mahlum
January 24th, 2024 | Bassetti Architects
Contact Anthony Collins, Senior Coordinator of Member Engagement, with any questions or concerns.
- March 22
- 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Event Price
- SIAF + DRT + NOMA | nw
- 1201 Alaskan Way, #200
Seattle, WA 98101 United States+ Google Map