2015 Medical Design Forum + Project Tour
Innovations & Impacts in the Future of Healthcare Design
Presented by AIA Seattle in collaboration with the Architecture for Health Panel (AHP)
The 2015 Medical Design Forum will focus on innovations in the design of healthcare facilities and the non-traditional care centers that are being created to address the challenges faced by providers in the Pacific Northwest. Nationally recognized experts will discuss recent changes in healthcare and how they impact the way architects, developers, and administrators are working together to design and renovate medical facilities – from large regional centers to small clinics – to support the practice of medicine.
The two-day forum will conclude with a project tour of the new Snoqualmie Valley Hospital facility.
Day 1: February 12, 9:30am – 5:15pm at Salish Lodge & Spa
Day 2: February 13, 8:30am – 2:00pm at Salish Lodge & Spa; 2:15 – 4:15pm on Project Tour
Download the Program Schedule for the 2015 Medical Design Forum.
- Identify key issues in global, regional, and local (rural focused) medical facility design, with a specific emphasis on non-traditional care facilities in Washington state.
- Define essential methods for engaging all participants involved in commissioning, designing, constructing, and operating medical facilities.
- Identify key tools to champion more integrated approaches for addressing current challenges associated with the design of medical facilities and adopting new care models in Washington State.
- Identify proven strategies and key lessons learned by industry leaders through their recent work on Washington State medical facilities.
- Based on case studies, participants will be able to explore and discuss the financial and operational impacts of design on these same Washington State medical facilities.
$280 for AIA members + Govt. Employees & AHP, WSHA, WSSHE members
$180 for Associate AIA members
$60 for students
$580 for non-members
Please note: Prices increase 15% after February 5
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Dr. Paul Barach, MD, MPH, is President of J Bara Innovation and is a board-certified Anesthesiologist, with fellowship training in Cardiac Anesthesia, Critical Care medicine and human factors, at the Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School where he trained and practiced. (Full bio available below or visit him on LinkedIn.)
Wellesley Chapman, MD, Medical Director, Group Health Cooperative
John Milne, MD, MBA, FACEP, Founder and CEO, Avnew Health
Michelle Vest, MPA, Principal, CareSync Consulting
Sarah Zabel, Vice President of Operations and Integration, Swedish Edmonds Medical Center
Jim Grafton, Capital Projects Manager, Snoqualmie Valley Hospital District
PANELISTS + MODERATOR:
Moderator Phil Giuntoli, Principal, CollinsWoerman
Frank Hemeon, CPA, MBA, Chief Financial Officer, Whidbey General Hospital
Kevin Abel, Chief Executive Officer, Lake Chelan Community Hospital
Rosalinda Kibby, Superintendent & Administrator, Columbia Basin Hospital
Explore full Speakers Bios. All speakers subject to change.
This new Snoqualmie Valley Hospital facility will feature facilities for inpatients and outpatients, including the following:
- Private, single-occupancy patient rooms
- Emergency, diagnostic imaging, physical therapy and clinic departments
- Energy-efficient, environmentally-responsible design
- Education facilities and meeting rooms
All attendees need to complete the Accident Waiver & Release of Liability and return to AV Goodsell. Tour directions and information will be available on the attendees resources page.
Thanks to our 2015 Medical Design Forum Sponsors:
BNBuilders | CDi+Mazzetti | Coughlin Porter Lundeen | Degenkolb Engineers | Holmes Electric | IMAGINiT Technologies | Lease Crutcher Lewis | MacDonald Miller Facility Solutions | Notkin Mechanical Engineers | P&M | PAE | PCS Structural Solutions | RAFN Company | Reid Middleton | SvR Design Company
Medical Design Forum Steering Committee
CHAIR: Lois Broadway, AIA, NCARB, Principal, tgb | architects
Heather Burpee, University of Washington, Integrated Design Lab
David Frum, AIA, Salus Architecture
Phil Giuntoli, CollinsWoerman
Charlie Hafenbrack, GLY Construction
Annette Himelick, EDAC, Assoc. AIA, HDR
Marguerite Jamieson, Mas Architecture
John Mess, AIA, ZGF Architects LLP
Mike Miller, NCARB, Rice Fergus Miller
Julie Randolph, ZGF Architects LLP
Ryan Ramsey, Perkins+Will
Susan Upton, AIA, Washington State Department of Health
Contact AIA Seattle Program Manager AV Goodsell.
Registration and Credit Questions?
Contact AIA Seattle Membership Manager May Ruiz.