Getting to Zero: Session 3
Part three of a four-part series, Getting to Zero’s Session 3: “Building and Operating Net Zero Energy Buildings” covers construction and project hand-off.
The following session in this series will delve into ownership and long-term operations. All sessions will explore the cross-cutting themes of identifying and overcoming barriers to change, and are intended to provide continued technical “how to” content, as well as to address new content related to marketing, financing, developing, and operating net zero energy buildings. Each session will use a combination of lectures and case-study exploration, and will conclude with takeaways, tools, and resources pertaining to each session focus.
- Plan for additional costs and time, as well as perceived risks with non-traditional systems for constructing net zero energy buildings.
- Identify the basic needs for start-up operations and energy systems in net zero energy projects, including staffing and energy reporting requirements.
- Define essential strategies for engaging occupants, including plug load control, tenant feedback, use of dashboards, and lease agreements.
- Define key aspects of the operations lifecycle, from startup to making key operational adjustments for net zero energy buildings.
Getting to Zero is a four-part series. Registration is for the complete series. Classes are not sold individually.
KEY PROGRAM DATES
- Market Realities & The Value Proposition on Friday, November 7, 2014
- Integrated Design and Process on Friday, December 5, 2014
- Building and Operating on Friday, January 9, 2015
- Long-Term Operations on Friday, February 6, 2015
MODERATOR + SPEAKERS
Moderator Joel Loveland, Director, University of Washington, Integrated Design Lab
Casey Schuchart, Division Manager, Building, Schuchart
Chris Faul, Founding Partner and Chief Operating Officer, Point32
Angela Faul, Leasing Specialist, ACJK Consulting
Amanda Sturgeon, FAIA, LEED Fellow, Executive Director, International Living Future Institute
Jack Avery, LEED AP, Senior Vice President, Project Delivery, Sellen Construction
Tom Marseille, PE, LEED AP, Senior Vice President, WSP
Joel Loveland // Mark Frankel // Molly McCabe // Ray Johnston // Mike Hatten // Justin Stenkamp // Casey Schuchart // Chris Faul // Angela Faul // Chris Meek // Tom Marseille // Ray Johnston // Jack Avery // Pat Brunner // Judith Heerwagen // Rob Harmon // Amanda Sturgeon
This series was made possible thanks to an AIA National Innovation Grant. Special thanks to our 2014-2015 Getting to Zero Sponsors, and the City of Seattle Office of Sustainability & Environment for contributing space for this event.
Contact AIA Seattle Program Manager AV Goodsell.
Registration and Credit Questions?
Contact AIA Seattle Membership Manager May Ruiz.
Click to be taken to the password protected page and be sure to check your email for updates:
- Future for Us is a platform dedicated to advancing womxn of color at work through community, culture and career dev… https://t.co/PXneHbH9Lsabout 10 hours ago
- Get ready to (Block) Party!! Join us this weekend to close out this great festival! Thanks to all the install teams… https://t.co/oe7fIFHrmfabout 10 hours ago