COTE: AIA COTE Top Ten Toolkit
Limited access to high-quality, concise, and usable information is a major barrier to the universal adoption of sustainable design. The COTE Top Ten Toolkit is a resource, accessible to all architects, that closes the information gap to designing high performing, equitable, beautiful buildings. The Toolkit is designed to provide relevant, general guidance to architects incorporating deep green principles from the beginning of every project.
The Toolkit provides focus topics, high impact strategies, resources, and more for each of its 10 measures. Each year, the COTE Top Ten Awards are ranked and chosen based on their performance in these 10 measures. A COTE Super Spreadsheet is also available to help calculate and understand the metrics that make up the Top Ten Framework, to analyze your projects, or learn more about performance metrics.
On September 19th, AIA Seattle will be hosting an hour-long info session on the COTE Top Ten Toolkit with trained expert and COTE member, Vikram Sami. The session will include a presentation and time for questions and discussion.
View the toolkit online here: http://bit.ly/COTEtoolkit2
- Registration: 11:30am
- Education session starts: 12pm
- Discussion around toolkit: 12:30
- Reception: 1pm
- End: 2pm
- Attendees will learn about the COTE Top Ten Toolkit and how the best practices in this resource can be used to improve project performance within the purview of an architect.
- Attendees will learn 10 effective and easy to implement sustainable design strategies.
- Attendees will review case studies of project where sustainable best practices were implemented.
- Attendees will learn where to find sustainable design best practices and ways to quantify their impacts.
This program takes place in an ADA accessible location. In your registration, please let us know if you have any additional accommodations and we will reach out to discuss.