Code Evolutions – Altered States: How Do Seattle Codes Impact Your Alteration Projects?
This session of our Code Evolutions series will examine the codes and regulations that apply to renovation and remodeling projects. Session topics will include rules governing alterations to conditions such as egress; fire separations; structural, mechanical and lighting systems; and more. The Seattle code “substantial alterations” concept will be reviewed in depth.
Registration Close Date: Wednesday, October 4, 2017
Early Bird Deadline: September 29, 2017, prices will rise by 15% after this date
- Participants will be able to apply accessibility provisions to existing buildings.
- Participants will be able to identify the special obligations involved with “substantial alterations” projects.
- Participants will be able to design for compliance with the energy code requirements for upgrades to impacted systems.
- Participants will be able to identify instances in which the code is flexible and approaches to gaining approval for proposed flexibility.
includes 4 LU | HSW and light refreshments
$114.00 AIA Members
$114.00 Government / Partners (NEEA, NEEC, ASHRAE)
$67.00 AIA Associates
- Ardel Jala | Engineering and Technical Codes Manager | Seattle Department of Construction & Inspections
- Duane Jonlin FAIA | Energy Code and Energy Conservation Advisor | Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections
- Bob Kennedy | Building Plans Examiner Senior | Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections
- Jon Siu | Principal Engineer and Building Official | Seattle’s Department of Construction and Inspections
All speakers subject to change.
Special thanks to the Code Committee for planning this series of sessions!
SPECIAL THANKS TO THE SPONSORS OF THE 2017 CODE SERIES
Contact AIA Seattle Program Manager Cassie Blair.
Registration and Credit Questions?
Contact AIA Seattle Volunteer Hospitality Lead Missy Garvin.
Contact AIA Seattle Managing Director Kimber Leblicq