DEADLINE EXTENSION - Submit by June 17
AIA Seattle Members and AIA Associates are invited to submit member-produced artwork by June 17 for our annual AIA Seattle Member Art Show.
Our 2015 show is focused on works that explore movement, energy, and interactions with technology. This exhibition aims to explore elements of risk-taking and support architects working with experimental ideas and mediums.
All mediums will be considered for the exhibition; however, we encourage our members to think about the technology used in their field. How can technologies such as 3D printing, digital fabrication, CNC milling, parametric modeling, digital simulation, etc. create an original work of art?
Please Note: Architectural illustrations or computer generated imagery of buildings used for marketing are highly discouraged.
Julia Greenway, Curator of Interstitial Theater – Seattle’s leading new media gallery – will make final discretionary selections and recommendations for the exhibit from the artwork submitted. Greenway is committed to developing and executing innovative and memorable arts programming, curating exhibitions that are engaging and conceptual.
Please complete the 2015 Member Art Submittal Form and include jpegs of the piece(s) you would like to submit for consideration. (Please use the title of the work to label your jpegs.)
2015 Member Art Show Schedule
- Digital Submissions Due: Friday, June 17 at 5pm
- Digital Submissions Reviewed by Julia Greenway: Monday, June 22
- Notifications to Submitters: Tuesday, June 23
- Installation Date: Monday, July 6 from 1-6pm
- Opening Reception: Friday, July 10 from 5-7pm
- Tear Down/Art Pickup: Friday, August 14 from 1-6pm
Work will be selected based upon what “fits” (physically and professionally) within the AIA Seattle Design Gallery. If selected, members will be responsible for providing any and all special display or exhibit materials.
The following is a list of AV equipment and display materials AIA Seattle will have available for the exhibition:
- 1 TV monitor
- 1 projector and screen (may only be used for a temporary installation during the opening)
- 1 laptop
- 1 (1ft x 2ft x 3ft) pedestal
- 1 large store front window (may be used for an installation)
Questions? Contact Megan Harmon, 206.448.4938 x100.
Special thanks to our 2015 AIA Seattle Design Gallery sponsor: