Boom Times and Industry Evolution: Marketing and Business Development Best Practices
A Joint AIA Seattle and SMPS Seattle Fellows Forum
Seattle is in the midst of unprecedented construction, creating both business opportunities and operational challenges. At the same time, project delivery is rapidly evolving, with greater emphasis on collaborative models and team structures, growth in prefabricated systems and components, and rapidly evolving technology in our offices and on construction sites. What are the impacts for our marketing and business development programs? Where should we devote our people and financial resources? What’s the future we should be preparing for?
To answer these questions and more, AIA Seattle and SMPS Seattle (Society for Marketing Professional Services) have teamed up for a unique joint Fellows Forum, a highly interactive program combining observations and ideas from a range of industry leaders—all Fellows in either AIA or SMPS—with strong audience participation. This is a terrific opportunity for staff and leadership of firms of all sizes to jointly attend, share questions and perspective with the panelists, and bring back ideas to implement in your office. Come join this distinguished panel for proven ideas, diverse perspective and lively discussion. Light food, wine and beverages will be served.
Registration is now full, please add your name to the wait list and you will be contacted if space becomes available.
- Identify new marketing and business development best practices.
- Identify techniques for integrating activities of technical and marketing/business development staff.
- Improve marketing/business development preparation for more collaborative delivery models.
- Identify opportunities for integrating marketing staff in developing strategy, particularly for evolving delivery and technology models.
includes 1.5 LU, beverages and light refreshments
$30.00 AIA Members / SMPS Members
- Brodie Bain FAIA | Principal | Perkins + Will
- Karleen Belmont, FSMPS | Director of Business Development | PACE Engineers
- Susan Jones FAIA | Partner | atelierjones
- Bill Strong, FSMPS, Assoc. AIA | Principal | Bill Strong Consulting
- Carla Thompson FSMPS, CPSM | Senior Director of Marketing | Core States Group
- Ron van der Veen FAIA | Principal | NAC Architecture
- Ted Sive, FSMPS, Honorary AIA Seattle | Principal | Ted Sive Consulting
All speakers subject to change.
- 4:00-4:30 Networking
- 4:30-4:40 Introductions; Format; Definition of Key Terms (Marketing, BD, Brand, etc.)
- 4:40-6:00 Questions/Moderated Discussion
SPECIAL THANKS TO SMPS Seattle!
Registration and Credit Questions?
Contact AIA Seattle Volunteer Hospitality Lead Missy Garvin.