2022 Honor Awards for Washington Architecture
LIVE EVENT November 7 at Town Hall Seattle
The Honor Awards for Washington Architecture is AIA Seattle’s annual marquee program, drawing hundreds of attendees to a lecture-style event of unique rigor and breadth. This nationally-recognized program provides an important opportunity for the design community to share and celebrate its achievements, both among practitioners and with the community at-large. The awarded projects will be announced for the first time on stage at the live event. Like last year, the Honor Awards will be livestreamed virtually, providing multiple access points and enabling us to extend these celebrations to broader audiences.
Honor Awards Live Event | Monday, November 7 @ Town Hall Seattle
- 5:30pm – Doors and Bars Open (Lobby Entrance) 21+
- Come early for beer & wine, photo booth, and live set by KEXP DJ Evie in the Forum
- 7:00pm – Program Begins all ages welcome
- Livestreaming of the program begins for remote ticket-holders
- 9:00pm – Program Ends
At this time, all attendees are required to wear a mask over their nose and mouth except when actively eating or drinking.
All tickets must be purchase online in advance
Submitters receive one (1) free ticket per project submission, to be distributed to whomever they choose. Promo codes will be distributed via e-mail soon after submissions close.
Honor Awards for Washington Architecture | Town Hall Seattle
- $50.00* General Admission
- $45.00* Group Rate Discount – Save 10% with purchase of 10 or more tickets before October 28!
- $20.00* Student (with valid student ID)
- $10.00* Livestream Only
*Plus taxes and Eventbrite fees
The year’s Honor Awards will be held at the newly renovated landmark historic building, Town Hall Seattle. Please enter using either the Lobby entrance located on 8th Avenue or the Forum entrance located off Seneca St.
- Read more about Town Hall Location, Directions, Parking.
- Town Hall’s renovations prioritized accessibility. For more information, visit Town Hall Accessibility. If you would like to discuss physical or cognitive accessibility needs for this program, please e-mail Programs Coordinator, Andrea Aguilera.
- Town Hall Seattle is regularly updating their COVID-19 Building Policies. Please come prepared to follow guidelines at the time of the event.
MEET THE JURY
Architectural Record celebrated Faircloth’s relentless pioneering of integrated, transdisciplinary research in practice when it selected her as its 2017 Women in Architecture Innovator Award winner. Billie is an Adjunct Professor at the Weitzman School of Design, University of Pennsylvania, and the Chair of the AIA Committee on the Environment. Billie’s present work focuses on socio-technical interactions within building culture and architecture’s impact and outcomes as critical grounds for innovation.
In addition to the jury’s own criteria, the AIA Seattle community has identified four considerations for the submission review process:
- Inspiration | How does the project manifest its stated intent–in form and function–revealing innovation in both thought and practice?
- Problem-solving | How does the project creatively address challenges inherent in its site, budget, program, materials, collaboration, and context? What are the organizing principles informing design?
- Environmental Sensitivity | How does the project exhibit serious intent to minimize negative environmental impact and enhance its relationship to the environment?
- Social Impact | How does the project enhance the community in which it is situated? How does it help promote a vibrant and equitable community?
The integration of the Common App into the submission process also raises awareness of the Framework for Design Excellence.
YOUNG VOICES SELECTION
Initiated in 2018, the Young Voices Selection (YVS) program aims to elevate and engage the voices of young designers through direct participation and representation in AIA Seattle’s Honor Awards for Washington Architecture. Three young designers, nominated by firm leaders and selected by the Honor Awards Committee, will be given the opportunity to review, deliberate, and select ONE Built project submission. This chosen project, the “Young Voices Selection,” will be recognized at the live event in November and selected by this year’s Young Voices…
- Alyssa Mitchell Assoc. AIA, NOMA | Weber Thompson
- Mariel Dougoud | Perkins&Will
- Nikki Sugihara Assoc. AIA | Wittman Estes
Questions about the Honor Awards? Contact AIA Seattle Programs Manger, Zoe Guckenheimer.
Questions about attending the Live Event? Contact AIA Seattle Programs Coordinator, Andrea Aguilera.
Sponsorship Questions? Contact AIA Seattle Associate Director, Growth & Operations, Kristen Lound.
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR 2022 HONOR AWARDS SPONSORS
BetterBricks | Dovetail | Arup | Berger Partnership | Coughlin Porter Lundeen | Fremont Brewing
FSi Engineers | Holmes Structures | Inform Interiors | Kolbe Gallery Seattle | KPFF Consulting Engineers
Lane Powell | Magnusson Klemencic Associates | Malsam Tsang Structural Engineering
PCS Structural Solutions | Quantum Consulting Engineers | Säzän Group | Schuchart | Schultz Miller
Swenson Say Fagét | GRAY