Seattle Design Festival 2018: TRUST
Seattle Design Festival 2018 will be September 6 - 21
The Seattle Design Festival features citywide tours, exhibits, outdoor installations, activities, interactive workshops and more from September 6-21, 2018. This year’s Festival theme, TRUST, examines the role of design thinking in bringing together and building TRUST among diverse communities. SDF2018: TRUST asks: in a world that appears increasingly defined by mistrust, how can design affirm and strengthen critical connections of TRUST in our community?
The Seattle Design Festival is a program of Design in Public, a multidisciplinary nonprofit organization that promotes the role of design in improving our city. Design in Public is a strategic initiative of AIA Seattle, a chapter of the American Institute of Architects, founded in 2011 to celebrate and explore the role and impact of design on urban life in Seattle.
Thank you to all who collaborated with SDF2017:POWER! SDF2017 at a glance:
- 14 days
- 120+ partner organizations
- 80+ programs & installations
- 12+ design disciplines
- Block Party: outdoor installations, tours, and activities
- Design Discussions: 3 nights of interactive panel discussions
- Community Programs: citywide tours, lectures, exhibits, youth & family workshops, film screenings, charrettes, and more!
- Covered by all major Seattle publications, including Seattle Weekly, The Seattle Times, Curbed Seattle, GRAY Magazine, and many more
To see images from past Festivals, visit our SDF Flickr page.
To see the full Closing Party photobooth reel, visit the Seattle Design Nerds Snapbox.
Questions? Contact Debra Webb, Public Programs Manager, Design in Public.
The Seattle Design Festival celebrates the ways design makes life better. Community members, city officials, citizen-experts, and designers all come together at workshops, performances, tours, exhibitions, talks, films, gatherings and more to exchange ideas. SDF is presented by AIA Seattle and Design in Public in partnership with dozens of partner organizations.