AHC Call for Board Members 2022
The Architecture for Health Committee is pleased to open the call for new members to its 2022 board. The committee is seeking two replacements this year:
· Architect member from Oregon
· Affiliate member from Washington
Architect Board Member Tammy Felker and Affiliate Board Member Melissa Teichman will be completing their terms this year. We thank them for their considerable contributions and years of generous service!
AHC BOARD STRUCTURE AND TERMS
The AHC Board consists of five Architects and two Affiliate Members from Washington and Oregon.
ARCHITECT BOARD MEMBER REQUIREMENTS
- Practicing member of an architectural professional firm in the State of Oregon
- AIA Member
- Licensure is not required (committee requirement of three licensed professionals has been met by remaining board members)
- 5-year term commitment beginning on January 1, 2023
AFFILIATE MEMBER REQUIREMENT
- Practicing member in a healthcare design and construction field in the State of Washington
- Open to engineers, contractors, interior designers, vendors, Owner’s representatives, or similar
- 2-year term commitment beginning on January 1, 2023
Architect members cycle through the leadership positions during their tenure. Affiliate members do not cycle through the leadership positions but serve in an advisory role and are actively involved in planning and organizing AHC meetings throughout their tenure.
AHC BOARD RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities of the board include establishing educational topics, planning programs, arranging for venues and speakers, moderating programs and outreach to professionals and academic communities in the Northwest region.
Programs are held two to three times a year in Spring and Fall. Board meetings are held virtually on a monthly basis.
If you are interested in serving on the AHC Board, please send an email expressing your interest in a position and include a brief description of your background in healthcare design to AHCchairs@aiaseattle.org by noon on Friday October 7, 2022. The current board will review applications and make selections at their next scheduled meeting in October.
If you are selected, you must be available for our annual all day board retreat in early December 2022. Note: we anticipate this will occur virtually.
2022 AHC Board
The AHC board cycle runs from January 1 to December 31. Architect members are elected to a 5-year rotating position and Affiliate members to a 2 year position. Current board members are:
- Past Chair: Tammy Felker, AIA, ACHA, RN, EDAC, LEED AP BD+C – NBBJ, Seattle
- Co-Chair WA: Molly Wolf, AIA, LEED AP – NBBJ, Seattle
- Co-Chair OR: Jenny Cestnik, AIA, ACHA, NCARB, EDAC – ZGF Architects, Portland
- Outreach: Josh Kolberg, AIA – PKA Architects, Portland
- Recorder: Phil Duff, AIA – SABArchitects, Seattle
- Affiliate WA: Melissa Teichman, Assoc. DBIA, LFA, LEED AP – OAC Services, Seattle
- Affiliate OR: Jerrod Kowalewski, AIA, LEED AP, CM Lean – Andersen Construction, Portland